PAIN AND PEACE
Passage: John 16:33
Let Jesus guide you through the disappointment and trauma with a spirit of victory.
Clarifying questions (John 16:33)
- What trouble is the world delivering to you?
- What does it mean to overcome in a healthy way?
- What does it look like to remain in Jesus?
Life Group Discussion Questions
- Explain the contrast between 'in this world' and 'in me'. (John 16:33)
- What is painful for you at this time in your life? (Job 6:1-3)
- Does it feel appealing or insensitive to you when Jesus offers a daily spirit of victory over your troubles? (John 16:33)
- Why was this experience significant for Joseph? (Genesis 39:20-23)
- How did Jesus respond to this tragedy? (John 11:25; 11:35)
- How are faith and obedience linked to overcoming? (1 John 5:3-4)
- Who is in pain that you can care for this week? (Jeremiah 38:7-13)