WANTING TO BE NOTICED
Passage: Matthew 6:1–4
It is not a valuable gift if you do not value the person.
Generosity with Pure Motives (Matthew 6:1-4)
- The two generosity errors
- The misplaced affection
- The grace of Jesus
Life Group Discussion Questions
- Which is more difficult for you: to be very generous or to have the right motives? (Matthew 6:1)
- What is religious hypocrisy? (Matthew 6:2)
- Should you expect something in return when you give a gift? (Matthew 6:3-4)
- How do you respond to beggars? (Acts 3:1-10)
- How did Jesus break cultural norms with His generosity? (Luke 15:1-2)
- What do people want and what do people need? (John 4:10-15)
- How did Jesus offer relationship and how often do you offer it? (Luke 19:5-10)
Pray about how you can put this passage into action together.