PARENTING WITH PEACE
Topic: Parenting/Family Passage: Genesis 22
Parenting with Peace
Life Group Questions
1) Share a time in your life as a child when you knew that your parent, grandparent, or aunt/uncle, was doing the right thing even if it didn’t seem like it at the time. How did you feel during that time?
2) As a parent (or in thinking about becoming a parent), what are the circumstances you walk through with your child(ren) that can be the most disruptive to your peace? Share one situation
3) What do you think your child(ren) would say is the greatest source of anxiety/stress for them? How does he/she make you aware of it?
Read Genesis 22:1-18
1) Obviously only God really knows, but why do think God was testing Abraham (vs 1)? Share a time, if applicable as a parent, when you have felt tested by God.
2) Share a time when you KNEW that God was giving you an opportunity to trust him more in your life (please relate this to your role as a parent if applicable). What did you do?
3) What is one thing you do, or could do, to guide your child into a deeper and more authentic faith with God?
4) How would your child complete this sentence about you: “My dad/mom made a difference in my life when I watched him/her do the right thing when ______________________________.”
5) Specifically, what is one attitude or action that you could place before God to trust him with and ask him to improve in you, in your role as a parent/grandparent?
1) Share a specific prayer request as it relates to you as a parent, or regarding your parent(s).
2) Pray for each of the familes/extended families that your group members are a part of.
If you would like to connect and join a Life Group, click HERE