THE KINDNESS OF JESUS
Topic: A Greater Love Passage: Titus 3:4–3:8
The Kindness of Jesus
- Share a time when you experienced kindness from someone? Family, friend, stranger?
- Share a time in recent weeks/months when showing/expressing kindness was difficult. What was going in your life at the time?
God’s Gift to Us
1. John 3:16 & 1John 3:16a How do you feel, and what is your first response, when you consider God’s gift to us – His Son Jesus?
Is “kindness” an attribute you would associate with this? Why or why not?
Sharing God’s Gift to Others
1. Titus 3:4-8 In vs 8, the Apostle Paul tells Titus to stress that “those who have trusted God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what it good.” What do you (or could you) do to stay focused on “doing what it good”?
2. Galatians 5:22-26 Considering that as we grow deeper in our relationship with Jesus, the fruit of the Spirit grows within us, is kindness a quality that you lack or possess in your life?
3. How do you see “kindness” connected to the other qualities of the fruit of the Spirit?
4. 1John 3:16b-18 The example that the Apostle John gives in this passage speaks directly about the expectations God has for how we “put other first” and show compassion and mercy. Who is someone that God has put in your life to demonstrate kindness in this way?
5. Colossians 3:12-17 Kindness is something we share; we are not supposed to hold back kindness. God tells us “what to wear” in vs 12. He then speaks of the action we are to have towards those who have hurt or offended us. Kindness is demonstrated clearly through forgiveness. Who do you need to forgive? If you are comfortable, share what happened.
Pray for one another. Specifically, regarding the situations that were shared in Question #5.
Remember, to pick up a Christmas Eve Box this next weekend; one for you (if you are unable to attend) and one for a friend/neighbor. Invite someone to attend a Christmas Eve service with you; either @ church or online.
If you would like to connect and join a Life Group, click HERE