ESCAPING THE NOISE, RESTING IN GOD'S GLORY
Passage: 1 Kings 19:1–18
1) How has this season of prayer and fasting been for you? What areas have been difficult and what have been some blessings?
2) What joys and celebrations have you witnessed God do in 2021?
3) In what ways have the noise of this past year been challenging spiritually?
1) 1 Kings 19:1-3 What have been some noises or challenges that have rattled your faith? What are people's responses to all the noise?
2) 1 Kings 19:4-6 What do these verses, and passage as a whole, teach us about doubts and discouragement and how we can help people find rest in God?
3) 1 Kings 19:7-8 Why is sleep, food, Sabbath, fasting, prayer, Bible reading, silence, and solitude important practices for a follower of Jesus?
4) 1 Kings 19:9-10 What places or times have you grown in your knowledge and faith in God? How can you revisit those places often and make a habit of finding the "secret place" with God?
5) 1 Kings 19:11-14 How did God show His glory to Elijah? What manifestation of God's glory penetrated Elijah's heart? How does that encourage us in sharing our faith?
6) 1 Kings 19:15-18 How can resting in God's glory give you refreshment, reassurance, and resurgence?
7) Matthew 11:28-30 How can Jesus take away our burden? How does abiding and responding to who he is, give you rest?
How can this community support you in prayer, encouragement, and presence through this season of prayer and fasting?
Reminder we have prayer at noon on Mondays via Zoom. Click the link below to join us in prayer.
If you would like to connect and join a Life Group, click HERE