“APPRECIATING GOD’S MERCY”
Passage: Matthew 1:20-21
December 8 & 9, 2018
The Gospel and Christmas (Matthew 1:20-21)
Our Great Need
God's Greater Supply
Sin has the highest price tag; but God sent Jesus to eradicate sin and free us to walk in daily wonder of the extent of His love and sacrifice.
Life Group Questions
- Why is it easy to overlook the theme of mercy at Christmas? (Matthew 1:20-21)
- What does it mean that God is just and the One who justifies? (Romans 3:25-26)
- What is mercy and how are we saved by God's mercy? (Titus 3:3-6)
- How can you show people God's mercy? (Matthew 5:7)
- When do Christians often lack mercy? (James 3:13-18)
- How does the law convict us and how does Jesus rescue us? (Galatians 4:4-7)
- Share how God has been merciful to you. (Deuteronomy 4:29-31)
Pray for people you can invite to Christmas services and share with about God's mercy.