ENLIGHTEN GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH TO FULFILL THE GREAT COMMISSION
Passage: Matthew 28:16–28
1) Explain in your own words what is going on in Matthew 28:16-20.
2) What is the correlation between worship and missions?
- What were the disciples doing when Jesus gave them the Great Commission?
- How is worship related to the reception of the Great Commission?
3) Exegete the text: Pay attention to the conjunction "therefore" as in "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations" (in v. 19, NASB).
- With which clause or phrase is this conjunction connected?
- What is the function of this "therefore" in this important statement of Jesus?
4) Core of the discussion:
- What is the gist of the Great Commission?
- What are the strategies for fulfilling the Great Commission?
- Is it easy or hard to fulfill the Great Commission?
- If it is easy, why is it easy? If it is hard, why is it hard?
5) Application Discussion
- What do you have to do differently as an individual to obey Christ's command to make disciples of all nations?
- What do we have to do differently as a Life Group to obey Christ's command to make disciples of all nations?