GETTING YOUR ATTENTION, PRIORITIZING YOUR LIFE
Topic: God's Warnings Passage: Zephaniah 1:1–1:18
Opening Conversation & Questions:
1) Was there a time when you were told something that sounded impossible? Share how you first responded, and then how you felt when you realized it was fact.
2) Fill in the blanks. Then expand on the situation of that time in your life: “I should have taken _______________ seriously. I would have responded/decided differently. I would have _______________________”
3) Name someone who you know, watch, or listen to, that when he/she shares a thought or their perspective, it impacts how you think or how you will respond/live.
1) Zephaniah 1:1- 6 What would have been the different responses from those who heard this that lived in Judah & Jerusalem?
2) Zephaniah 1:7 What would you do, where would you be, to “be silent before the Sovereign Lord”?
3) For your life, who is your “authority” that guides you to determine what is most important?
4) 1 Corinthians 6:12 from different Bible translations. Are there activities or habits in our culture that would be considered “permissible but not beneficial”?
5) Zephaniah 1:14-18 After reading this passage, and chapter, how could this relate to the current condition of our nation & world? How does God want you to respond and live during this time in our world?
6) Philippians 3:7-8 Can you think of something in your life that has become more important than Jesus? If you are comfortable share with your group.
• After someone shares, have someone else in the group pray for the person and the circumstances.
Reminder we have prayer at noon on Tuesdays via Zoom. Click the link below to join us in prayer. https://zoom.us/j/93096316976?pwd=VW4yOWx3NXpWOGdYTHZ5UWthUUU3UT09
If you would like to connect and join a Life Group, click HERE