WRESTLING WITH GOD
August 19, 2018 Series: Faithfulness
Passage: Genesis 32:22-32
Principles (Genesis 32:22-32)
- Be faithful to the mission that God has called you to, even if you have a rough start.
- You may have a physical, emotional or spiritual limp, but your weakness can be used by God to be a light to others.
- What matters at the end of your life is not your performance (or lack of performance), but simply staying faithful to God through all things.
God's faithfulness is constant, but our faithfulness develops through a process of refinement.
Life Group Discussion Questions
- Read Genesis 27:41-28:9. Why was Jacob sent away? How did Rebekah's dishonesty with Isaac show itself again?
- How has God encouraged you after you've "blown it"?
- Describe a time in your life when you were competitive. Was it a healthy situation or did it breed an unhealthy competitive spirit?
- Read Genesis 32:22-32. What did Jacob want from wrestling with God? Why do you think Jacob was given a limp?
- Have you ever "wrestled" with God? If so, what was that like and did anything come of it?
- Describe one or two "limps" in your life. It could be physical, emotional or spiritual. How have you seen God use your weakness?